KCE is a team of 20 co-workers with a wide range of expertise: thermal, electrical, ICT, electronics, construction, agricultural... Every researcher has a different background (theoretical and practical) and a different expertise. This makes an integral approach to energy issues in buildings possible. KCE has a good knowledge of energy techniques/methods and their implementation.
Our team has expertise in the following areas:
- The use of energy systems like CHP, micro-CHP, heat pumps, PV-installations, fuel cells and hydrogen gas...
- Simulation and optimization of energy flows in, from and towards buildings.
- Energy mapping: monitoring of energy (including energy audits and advice), monitoring of actual performances,...
- Visualization, targeted control and communication of energy consumers and energy generation (e.g. via ICT applications).
- Intelligent selection and optimization of the integration and control of HVAC systems in buildings and greenhouses.
- Integration and demonstration of energy systems in 'smart buildings' and 'greenhouses'.
- Cost optimal investments.
- Energy in the agricultural sector and the Greenhouse horticulture for example: climat control, technical/economic analysis of investments, CHP...